On Sunday, Danny and I went to watch the FC Seoul soccer game with his coworkers, Daniel and Scott. The game was at FC Seoul's home field, which is the 2002 World Cup Stadium. It was a huge venue, and had a mall, Walmart-type store, movie theater, food court, and gym/spa inside. It also had a FIFA World Cup Museum, so we checked it out because we had 2 hour to spare before the game started. The museum focused on the 2002 World Cup that was jointly hosted by South Korea and Japan, but it also featured information about soccer and World Cup history. At the end, it had some virtual soccer games you could play. Apparently the boys tied the all-time record on the goal-keeping game while I was in the gift shop (they cheated though). Like the baseball game, the tickets were ridiculously cheap. We sat in the 2nd row for under $20. The game was more like a soccer game in American or anywhere else, unlike the baseball game, which was a unique experience. But FC Seoul did shoot huge fireworks to start off each half or anytime a goal was scored! As some of the only foreigners there, we made it onto the megatron screen at one point during the game. As usual, I was stuffing my face with food while they filmed us....way to represent Americans. The fans weren't all as coordinated as those at the baseball game, but the die-hard FC Seoul fan section had these crazy chants and dances. Most of the spectators had these annoying horns that sounded like dying animals instead of the thundersticks. FC Seoul won the game 3-0, and we were cheering for them since we are living near Seoul, so it was a good game. Afterwards we had some galbi, I believe that was the 4th time in one week. I know I know....I would never eat that much meat at home. But you don't really eat tons of meat because you get lots of side-dishes. Last night we went out to eat at a Korean restaurant and I actually sort-of understood the menu for the first time! We are learning to read, so I could sound out the names of dishes. I just need to learn what they actually mean!
Monday, September 28, 2009
Go FC Seoul!!
On Sunday, Danny and I went to watch the FC Seoul soccer game with his coworkers, Daniel and Scott. The game was at FC Seoul's home field, which is the 2002 World Cup Stadium. It was a huge venue, and had a mall, Walmart-type store, movie theater, food court, and gym/spa inside. It also had a FIFA World Cup Museum, so we checked it out because we had 2 hour to spare before the game started. The museum focused on the 2002 World Cup that was jointly hosted by South Korea and Japan, but it also featured information about soccer and World Cup history. At the end, it had some virtual soccer games you could play. Apparently the boys tied the all-time record on the goal-keeping game while I was in the gift shop (they cheated though). Like the baseball game, the tickets were ridiculously cheap. We sat in the 2nd row for under $20. The game was more like a soccer game in American or anywhere else, unlike the baseball game, which was a unique experience. But FC Seoul did shoot huge fireworks to start off each half or anytime a goal was scored! As some of the only foreigners there, we made it onto the megatron screen at one point during the game. As usual, I was stuffing my face with food while they filmed us....way to represent Americans. The fans weren't all as coordinated as those at the baseball game, but the die-hard FC Seoul fan section had these crazy chants and dances. Most of the spectators had these annoying horns that sounded like dying animals instead of the thundersticks. FC Seoul won the game 3-0, and we were cheering for them since we are living near Seoul, so it was a good game. Afterwards we had some galbi, I believe that was the 4th time in one week. I know I know....I would never eat that much meat at home. But you don't really eat tons of meat because you get lots of side-dishes. Last night we went out to eat at a Korean restaurant and I actually sort-of understood the menu for the first time! We are learning to read, so I could sound out the names of dishes. I just need to learn what they actually mean!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment